Saturday, January 15, 2011
Our new addition, Bella
So for months and months, Michael had casually "mentioned" that he has always dreamed of owning a weimaraner puppy. I literally was so tired of hearing about it that in November I actually told him to stop talking about buying a dog! I went on and on about how we had to wait for a house, a fenced in yard, and the money to take proper care of it. He seemed disappointed but also content with knowing that maybe someday he'd have his dog.
So I'm truly not sure what changed my mind, but the day before the second anniversary of our first date I just felt extra giving and thought this would be the ultimate Anniversary, Christmas, and New Year's present. I researched online and actually found a breeder in Oliver Springs who agreed to meet me a day later on Saturday, November 29th to deliver the puppy. There were several secret phone calls Friday while Michael was at work and I could hardly contain my excitement until he went to work again on Saturday, but as soon as he left I jumped in the car headed to Cookeville to pick up the 11-week old little girl.
Looking back, no, I had no clue what I was thinking, but it was such a special present and we love our Bella more than we could have imagined. I guess I'm no longer just a cat girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment