Monday, December 13, 2010

The Proposal



November 28, 2009

For our one year anniversary Michael had planned for us to go to the hockey game when he got off work that Saturday night. I knew it would be rushed and we wouldn't get to have a nice dinner together, so we planned to celebrate again the next night. I woke up on Saturday, November 28th to a text message that said "Why don't you come downstairs for a surprise or two?!". I was still a little groggy but managed to figure out Michael was actually NOT at work and had snuck into my house to surprise me. I was so thrilled that he was off work, but still a little confused at the time.

Michael had planned many surprises for me including cooking me breakfast (my favorite, chocolate chip pancakes) and having my favorite "things" available (ice cream in the freezer, wine in the fridge, a sweet card, a new TV for the living room).

Once I saw the new 32" flat screen I knew there wouldn't be a ring in my future. I figured this was all my one year anniversary present and I was just so excited he was off work and we had the whole day together. After showing me my surprises he asked if I wanted just one more and he pulled up a video with pictures and music. After photos of our first year together stopped flashing on the screen some words began scrolling.."I love you Terah" and "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" got me thinking this might be more than just an anniversary present...he ended the video with "Guess what?" (our favorite way of saying I love you) and got down on one knee...and I guess you know the rest!

http://www.mywedding.com/michaelandterah/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment