Sunday, June 24, 2012

     So we had another great day here at the beach...the flags went up to double red, meaning the water was much higher and there was much less shore. But it was cloudy and somewhat sunny, so many people were still out all day. The wind was pretty intense, especially for Michael who is supposed to be giving his eyes a break, but it was alright for a little while. We had lunch today at Bahama Bob's and were not disappointed. It was very reasonably priced and delicious. We already decided we are going back before the week is out!
      After showering and taking a long nap, we headed out to the go karts and golf course. Michael really wanted to drive the go karts so we headed there first. I remember the last time I raced a go kart and it was right here in gulf shores. I was kind of nervous about it and ended up doing terribly. I really did get schooled by two eight year olds in a double seater. My engine quit on me in the middle of the first lap and then they had to come restart it. I got bumped over and over and Michael was pretty embarassed. All in all a fun experience that Michael and I had not had together yet. ;)
      Next up was the putt-putt golf. On hole 4 I got my first ever hole in one, completely by luck. Michael was astonished and I was pretty pumped. He ended up beating pretty badly but we had a great time. We fed some crazy fish at the end of the 18 holes and then headed to Lambert's for dinner. Michael had never eaten there and we stuffed ourselves. He tried frog legs for the first time and I had the meatloaf. We had a great time and headed back to watch a movie before bedtime. Loving vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment